November 03, 2015

THREE SKULLS






















This was our first "Día de Muertos" without celebration, we were tired and we decide to spend the day at home making some improvements, suddenly my husband told me about the party at the Museum of Modern Art and they were having a party to celebrate the day of deaths! with mariachi, pan de muerto (bread of deaths) and altars, so we jumped out our bed and arrived to the Museum, was so cool! until our daughter started to cry and yell "A la calle!" ("Les´t go outside") she was scared with the ladies dressed as skulls and the music haha. So our party was over.

We came back to home and I was so upset because the party was like a mexican miracle here in Iowa and Valentina started to cry :( thats why I decided to make my own Día de Muertos on paper, I mean, I started to make some drawings of skulls and a hint of watercolor.





No comments: