February 02, 2022

IMBOLC AND THE INNER FIRE

 


Hi all! Here I go with my first post of the year and the truth is, I did not expect it to be what I share with you, but this is how my life goes. I will not go into details but I am working on my solar plexus (my fire) and curiously, inadvertently it has been connected to my first job of the year: IMBOLC. I wanted to make an illustration to commemorate Imbolc, the Celtic celebration. At the beginning was a very different portrait till all ended after I designed this illustration inspired by the key elements: the snake, the snowdrop flower, the fire, and the swans. During Imbolc the beginning of pregnancy, fertility and fire are celebrated. "The festival is a festival of light, reflecting the increasingly long days and the hope of spring."


So I started a design and all started like this...





















Imbolc 🔥
Was fun to paint with watercolor a self portrait for Imbolc. It’s funny all the behind this piece but also very long to explain, long story short: it’s all about the inner fire and the rebirth, the power of the new and the end of the old. But this watercolor came with a very hard test for me just at the beginning of the year. I wish for my flame to burn and shine for ever. 🔥 Magic cool thing: it was painted with water from the first snow of the year, just perfect for Imbolc. ❄️






Watch me paint Imbolc here




No comments: