October 22, 2021

TOP OF THE MOUNTAIN











10 days ago I started this sketch, resting a bit from the large format and because I am already running out of space in my studio, so I am taking advantage of my oil block.

I really liked the sketch a lot and I am always AFRAID to go beyond the sketch, apply the color and ruin it, but I know that it is simply part of the process.

I love painting, so finishing a sketch and being ready to add color is like being ready to jump off the highest mountain and fly. Painting increases my power of concentration, it is the point of connection with love, where it simply flows without space or time, even sometimes I forget to stop to eat, although after some bad experiences my stomach already knows how to remind me.


This painting image is based on an image by photographer Alexandra Bochkareva.



No comments: